Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke the Bookish where bloggers are encouraged to post their own top ten list responses to the topic of the week. This week’s topic is: Ten Authors I REALLY Want/Wish To Meet!
1. Stephen King – The Dark Tower, enough said, I have to thank him for that epic story.
2. Roald Dahl – His books were a large part of my childhood reading and are now part of my daughter’s as well.
3. Laurell K. Hamilton – I adore both Anita Blake and Merry Gentry, so meeting the mind behind them would be pretty neat.
4. Ellen Hopkins – Her book, Impulse, really spoke to me in regards to my own battles with depression and suicide in my late teens – because of that this book and her will always have a special place in my heart and I thank her for sharing it with the world.
5. Erin Morgenstern – I just really want to hug her for writing The Night Circus because it is just such a beautiful book and I love it so very much, hence why I am currently reading it for my second time in about a year and a half.
6. Philip Pullman – His Dark Material is one of my all time favorite reads and I would love to sit down with him and find out what happens to Lyra and Will as they’ve grown up.
7. Anne Rice – She created Lestat, need I say more? If so, here’s more:
Yeah, I am partial to the Stuart Townsend portrayal of Lestat – I admit it!
8. Rick Riordan – One of my favorite things to study in school was mythology and Rick Riordan made mythology even more exciting by bringing it to life with his novels.
9. JK Rowling – The creator of all things Harry Potter, one of my all time favorite series still to this day.
10. Brandon Sanderson – I may be a newer fan to his works, but his Mistborn Trilogy is amazing and I am looking forward to reading more of his books as I come across them.
Which authors made your Top Ten?! Feel free to send me yours as either a link to your Top Ten Tuesday post or as a list in the comments below!