Thank you kindly to Jay, aka The Wolf of Starbucks, for nominating me for my first Creative Blogger Award.
- Nominate 15-20 blogs and notify all nominees via their social media/blogs.
- Thank and post the link of the blog that nominated you (very important).
- Share 5 facts about yourself to your readers.
- Pass these rules on to them.
5 Facts About Me:
1. I have been in a terrible reading slump for three weeks now. When I attempt to find something to do, I will ask myself “Do I want to read?” and I almost always sit there and say to myself that I will read later but want to do something else in the mean time. It has been incredibly frustrating because I have really enjoyed the series I am reading, but I am just going through this phase where reading isn’t at the forefront of my preferences.
2. I have been watching Game of Thrones since season 1 first aired on HBO and have been a loyal viewer ever since, yet I have never read the books. I have touched on this before, but my boyfriend isn’t much of a reader and since we watch the show together he didn’t want me to have read them and already know what is going to happen. Since we have started season 5 now and are catching up to the books (I think?), it is possible that I may be able to convince him that we should read the books together.
3. I haven’t had a pet that was my pet since my English Setter, Angel, needed to be put down after we discovered she had developed bone cancer in 2011. My family got her for me towards the end of 5th grade, so I was 10 going on 11, and she was put down just a few days before my 25th birthday. She had a really good, really long life. Still, I miss that feeling of having my own pet. The first picture is from the day I brought her home, she was 8 weeks old at the time (also, you can tell this happened in the late 90’s just look at those glasses and that haircut!). I don’t have an exact date on the second picture, but this was how she looked all grown up and dignified for the majority of her life.
4. I am the only great grandchild (out of, I believe, a total of 17 of us) who was named after my great grandfather. My first name is Melanie and my great grandfather was named Melvin Gene York, he is the handsome man in the yellow shirt. I was a member of my high school’s marching band all 4 years, I also volunteered with the boosters for a year or two after graduating, and one of the fundraisers we held was a 4-man scramble/best ball golf tournament. My great grandfather started teaching me how to golf at the age of 3 and we would go golfing at least twice a month during the summer months when I was out of school. I want to say that this was either the summer before or the summer after my senior of high school (so either 2003 or 2004). He was honestly one of the most amazing men I have ever known and I miss him all the time, he would have been 99 years old on May 30th of this year.
5. Today, my daughter Annalyse turns 8 years old. She got to stop and have breakfast on the way to school this morning with my boyfriend’s mom and judging by the look of this picture, she enjoyed it. So a very happy birthday to my darling little girl! On a much less serious note, when did I become old enough to have an 8 year old daughter?! Like…seriously? Lol!
I choose you, each and everyone of you who reads this entry and feels the desire to do it. The truth of the matter is, all of us are creative in one way or another – that is part of what blogging is and each of you should have the opportunity to showcase some of that. Share your creativity with us!
Thanks again to Jay for the nomination!