I have been nominated for a Liebster Award by the ever lovely Clarissa, aka Quirky Lady Bookworm, thank you very much for the nomination! If you are a fan of historical fiction, then you need to check out Clarissa’s blog because she posts a lot of awesome reads and reviews on books in the genre including new releases and even some ARCs. Her blog is definitely worth checking out!
The official rules for a Liebster Award nomination are as follows:
- Each nominee must have under 200 followers.
- You should link to and thank the blog that nominated you.
- Answer the 10 questions given to you and come up with 10 questions for your nominees.
- Write a post containing the questions.
- Include these rules in your post.
Questions for my Nominees
1. If you could live in any single fictional universe, which would it be and why?
2. Tell us your favorite and least favorite book to movie adaptations.
3. Tell us the story of a favorite book that didn’t start out as a favorite.
4. If you were part of the world of Ray Bradbury’s Fahrenheit 451 and assigned one book to memorize, which book would you hope was chosen for you?
5. Favorite sports team?
6. Name a song that makes you smile anytime you hear it.
7. Do you play any instruments and if not, what is an instrument you have always wanted to learn? Even if you play an instrument, what is another one you have wanted to learn?
8. If you could visit or live in a historical time period, which would you choose and why?
9. Based upon your experiences with education, what is the most important change you wish to see?
10. What is your most recently watched item on Netflix?
My Nominees – I’ll be honest, I didn’t check follower counts but I wanted to nominate these five because they are some of the nicest people I have come across in the book blog community
1. If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose and why?
I have always had a fascination with traveling to Japan and spending time visiting different parts of the country (I partially blame this on my love for anime). People I know who have served or are currently serving in the US Navy have been stationed in Japan over the course of their service and just seeing all of the pictures and talking to them about their experiences there sound incredibly exciting.
2. If you could have dinner with anyone alive or dead, who would you choose? (You can pick more than one-have a dinner party!)
Okay, my answer to this question is going to be incredibly sappy but it is also the most honest answer I have to it – I would have dinner with my great grandparents who both passed away in 2007. I was incredibly close to my great grandparents growing up, they were basically a second set of parents to me. I spent the majority of my summers with them when I was a child and then when I was in 8th grade, our entire 4 generation family lived under one roof and a lot of it was good – it was definitely by no means perfect, but I loved living with them. Anyways, I really really miss having them in my life and I know just how lucky I was to have had them as long as I did because many people don’t get the opportunity to meet their great grandparents. I would also want them to get to see how my daughter has grown up since they passed away, she was born in the spring of 2007 so they got to at least meet her but she has no memory of them since they both died in the late summer/early fall of that year. Next year my great grandfather, my Panka, would have been 100 years old…he was seriously taken before his time, but I will always think that.
3. What’s your favorite color?
I am a huge fan of pink, typically the darker/bolder kinds of pinks as opposed to softer pastels and I mix that with a lot of black – I just love the contrast of the two colors together and think they look great.
4. Books or movies?
For me, it really depends. I am a book lover and tend to devour books like nobody’s business, but lately I have been in somewhat of a reading slump and have just wanted to watch movies or tv or play video games in my spare time. I honestly need to get out of this funk because I have been attempting to read the same book for a while now and it is just frustrating me to no end that I just don’t have the patience for it, yet I am loving and enjoying the series overall.
5. If you could go on an adventure to anywhere, with anyone, what would you pick?
I would want to go and experience New Zealand, specifically seeing areas where The Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit movies were filmed, with my boyfriend. I am a huge fan of the books and have read them multiple times and I am also a huge fan of the movies (respecting them for what they are, adaptations). I just really think it would be an amazing experience to share with someone you love and have enjoyed these works with.
6. Favorite tv show?
Criminal Minds, House MD, How to Get Away With Murder, Jeopardy, and a lot of other random Food Network and HGTV shows.
7. What do you love about blogging?
I love getting to talk about things I am passionate about, i.e. books and reading, with other people who love and enjoy it too. I didn’t have that experience growing up and while a few of my friends also read, there are moments where our reading tastes will be vastly different and I can’t talk to them about what I’ve read – specifically, when I read anything that falls within the realm of young adult or romance or any combination of the two.
8. What do you hate about blogging?
I don’t exactly hate anything about blogging, but recently I have had difficulty keeping up with blogging and I addressed some of my issues towards it in my recent status update post. My issues with blogging recently have just stemmed from my own issues, specifically my dealing with depression and body image. The hardest thing for me to overcome when it comes to blogging (especially recently) is finding that balance where blogging stays exciting and fun – I don’t want it to feel like a chore and I think somewhere along the line, I lost that feeling of fun. I haven’t been blogging much, I know I haven’t and I do miss it but I am attempting to find that balance again where blogging feels fun for me. Right now, I just need to get myself back into a better frame of mind and I am slowly getting there.
9. Where is your favorite place to be?
I honestly don’t have a favorite place to be. When I am at home, I spend a lot of time at my desk working – but when I am not working, I love to curl up in my reading nook area to read, or stare out the window, or bother the kitties, or game on my tablet, etc. I also love going to visit my mother, grandmother, and the doggies because it is usually a pretty chill time that consists mostly of hanging out watching tv together, meals, and taking care of their monster dogs. It isn’t some big to-do, but it is just real quality family time.
10. Tell a random fact about yourself!
One of the questions I posed had to do with musical instruments, so I will list the ones that I can play. I can play flute, piccolo, piano, clarinet, saxophone, and percussion – but I have always wanted to learn how to play oboe.
Thanks for the fun and I look forward to reading your responses!