Welcome to day 8 of #BookBlogWriMo – a writing event focusing on what it means to be a book blog hosted by the lovely Book Bumblings. You can click the picture above for more information and how to participate!
11/8 – Your Blogging Toolkit – We could all blog smarter! Share some of the best tools in your blogging arsenal.
I promise, this is not a repost of Day 5 but I thought it would be easier for me to describe what my blogging arsenal entails with a bit of a visual aid. Let the tour begin!
- Dual Monitor Setup – I have to admit that this is an absolutely amazing tool in my blogging arsenal because of my sheer ability to multitask with it. I also love that I can keep my work open on one screen and then use the other to look up stuff, watch a video (yes, those bad bad distracting habits – damn you Netflix and Twitch), etc.
- Evernote/Google Docs – I tend to keep a lot of my notes for my blog posts, specifically my book reviews, typed up in either one of these depending on which is closer at hand when the thought occurs. I run Evernote on my phone and computer – so if my phone is near by I will usually jump into Evernote on it first because the mobile interface is easier to work with than the Google Drive one. If I am at my desk and I have Chrome open, then I will typically use Google Docs. It can be crazy unorganized, but it works.
- Goodreads – I have a Goodreads tab open at all times in Chrome, this is mostly because of the fact that if/when I come across a book I am not overly familiar with I can easily go and look it up. I also use a lot of information from Goodreads when I write up my blog posts for the week, so I find it prudent to just keep a tab open at all times.
- Kindle Fire – My current e-reading device, this is where all of my books are stored and where the magic of reading happens. Thanks to my Kindle Fire, I tend to do a lot of highlighting and note taking in the books I am reading so it is an integral part of my book blogging tool kit because without I would lose probably 90% of the thoughts in my head about what I just read.
- WordPress – Truthfully, what would my blog be without the tools provided by WordPress itself? It wouldn’t be anywhere close to as clean and organized as it is now without the tools provided by the WordPress engine. It is a great hosting site for my blog and I have really enjoyed the ease it has provided me through my blogging experience.
Those are the integral tools that I utilize for my blogging experience – what are some of yours? I am always up for new ideas, especially if they are more effective than mine!
If you are interested in my other #BookBlogWriMo Posts, then you can find them all listed here!